Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Please Educate Yourself And Others

Recently I read Half The Sky By Nicholas D. Kristof, Sheryl WuDunn. Wow! It's a difficult topic to read about, but I can't convey how important it is for us to be aware and educated about crimes against women and girls across the world. It breaks my heart and moves me to much prayer on behalf of these women ( and young girls!). Reading this book has led me to do more research on ways to help from here. 






Transitions Global is a program I've found to be impressive in helping girls ages 8-18 recover and build new lives after being victims of sex trafficking/slavery in Cambodia. 
They have a program called Project Every Girl in which you can sponsor one of the girls' living expenses for $25 a month. I encourage you to look into this program if this is a possibility for you. 


 If you're not able to participate in this program, another idea may be to scroll through and read about each of the girl that can be sponsored (there are small paragraphs about them) and pray specifically for each girl.


http://transitionsglobal.org/everygirl/



Also if you're a man and sex trafficking is an uncomfortable subject for you, then I ask you to read this short page about Cambo.  It's a movement related to how men can help by being "real men" and contribute to anti trafficking in their own way.  Please read:


https://transitionsglobal.org/programs/cambo/


No comments:

Post a Comment